My friend, Sean-David, started The Tuned In Academy and now he’s working hard to release his book. Go to his website, learned about his work and how he’s cultivating music and art. Instead of buying lunch today, donate $20 to his kickstart fundraiser so he
I’m VERY EXCITED about this new book written by friend and colleague Sean-David McGoran. For all my musician friends who have spent time and money purchasing books to aid them in reaching peak performance, this book brings a whole new aspect to the quest. Please
Great news everyone, the book is finished! Please help us kickstart the publishing of the book, which should be ready by July by pre-purchasing your copy now. Copyright secured by Digiprove © 2013All Rights ReservedOriginal content here is published under these license terms: X License Type:Read OnlyLicense Summary:You may read
How will we use the awesome power* of our voice in response to tragedy, great evil, or injustice? Yesterday was a difficult day for most of America I am sure, unfathomably worse surely for the parents, educators, staff, and community members involved in and around
Unless you have been living under a rock, whether you are or were a fan of Gangnam Style or not, you have probably at least heard of Korean singer/songwriter Psy. If you didn’t hear about him prior to this weekend you are all the more
About the Book
Why Another Book on Meditation for Musicians?
Because the last thing that musicians need is to thirst for something only to come up dry!
There have been many excellent books written for musicians that deal fairly extensively with the issues, challenges, and concerns of what has been called the inner-musician. Specifically, texts such as The Inner Game of Music, The Mastery of Music, and Effortless Mastery, just to name a few.
These books are written by some of the world’s finest musicians and offer some excellent advice to the musician. This book however seeks to dig deeper, or perhaps further back would be a better description. This book seeks to take the musician (and really anyone who wants to better be in tune with the Creator in their creative work) back to creation, and to the Creator, seeking to answer the question: How can we be better tuned into the Creator and the commission of creating, as well as the community which we seek to make music for?
Tuned In is based on a historical meditation model and is really aimed at both encouraging musicians and derailing fears as well as re-thinking the ethical, spiritual, and moral implications of what it means to be a musician.
Tuned In is written by a musician and primarily meant to challenge and encourage musicians in the discipline of meditation (especially in practicing, writing, and playing music), but this book is really for any artist- especially those involved in the communicative arts. Are you a communicative artist, do you communicate through your voice, instrument, writing, painting, or sculpting? Perhaps even through the culinary arts? Follow for more details, Tuned In is a book for you too!
The book and Tuned in Musician.com are more than that though. Tuned in on the Web (blog) seeks to be an online community where we can interact with each other as musicians and artists that care about more than our music, and ourselves, but also about the community and those who we create for.
Facts about the book:
- Tuned In is an alternative to the New Age contemplative spirituality and mysticism offered in many mainstream books on meditation for the musician. The book will offer a historical biblical meditation that is broken down simply into considering how the musician can best serve and love Creator and community through music and life, all the while enjoying more fruitful creativity by tuning into their unique and God designed purpose.
- Tuned In is needed because most of the books written on meditation, even those focused specifically on musical meditation present truth as something up for grabs or debate. Such books are decidedly subjective rather than objective.
- For the musician who is looking for answers, the musician who wants to be responsible, and especially for the musician who has already been convicted of the truth of scripture; Tuned In is both necessary and the right thing to do; for the encouragement of musicians, for the glory of the Creator, and for the good of community.
- Tuned In is for everyone. Every musician and artist will find a fresh approach beyond music for music’s sake, but in seeing music as an integral part of who we are and the people we make music for.
- Tuned In will contain helpful and easy to remember quotes at the beginning of each chapter that will help the reader in memorizing and applying the principles and truths taught in the text.
- Tuned In will contain a reference section listing several beneficial and important texts that deal more in-depth with some of the truths discussed in the book.
- Tuned In will be available in print and on Kindle.
- Tuned In is on Facebook and Twitter. If you have not already, “like” Tuned In on Facebook and follow on Twitter for quotes, tidbits, and juicy ideas on subjects the book will interact with.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.